I admit it. I love department stores, malls and chains. They have so much to choose from and they usually have something in my size.
That said, I also love spreading my dollars around and have honestly, not been as diligent about it as I should be.
This post is dedicated to taking department-store finds and pairing with them with stunning accessories from local accessories designers Infrared Studio and Third Willow.
Infrared Studio’s modern jewelry – including crafted silver, laser-cut steel, gemstones, tribal charms and pearls – is edgy, delicate and elegant.
Third Willow’s gorgeous leather clutches are a collection of modern-meets-classic style for fashion-forward women.
The amazing shoes are from the online vintage/vintage-inspired store ModCloth.
In terms of the pairings below (and how I choose my own accessories) I will always opt for accessories that will be visible and contrast with what I’m wearing.
NOTE: The logos in the image above symbolize where each item pictured below is from.
Summer Safari Meets City Girl Style
This is a perfect outfit for shopping a big-box mall or boutique. Add a long metallic necklace and you’re ready for date night.
- MICHAEL Michael Kors Barong Tie Dye Cutaway Silk Top – this is a beautiful neutral with an exciting print that is great paired with a white or blue denim.
- Horn & resin bracelets and ring – these gorgeous, moody bracelets are hand-selected and imported from Italy.
- The Rosette Micro Clutch – this flirty orange leather clutch, also available in a huge list of colors, adds a burst of color while pairing great with the greens and neutrals.
- Banker Lamp Heel – avoid matchy-matchy by opting for a funky pair of shoes in the same color family as another accessory you’re wearing, instead of an exact color match.
Basic Khaki Meets Silver & Summer Brights
Who knew khaki could be so colorful? This pairing is perfect for casual Friday or brunch with the girls.
- MICHAEL Michael Kors Washed Stretch Twill Jacket – the fitted cut and tortoise accents lightweight jacket have summer written all over it. Pair it with a denim pant or skirt.
- Handmade Triple Layer Silver Necklace – this is a signature metallic necklace that is an elegant essential to dress up casual outfits or add contemporary shine to dressier outfits.
- The Pochette Clutch – this clutch had me at “lemon yellow.” This casual leather clutch looks to hold a lot of items while brightening up a neutral jacket.
- Boogie Woogie Heels – this fun stacked-heel teal shoe has a lot going on, making it the perfect accomplice to an outfit made up of classics.
Denim Staple Meets Party with a Rock Star Accents
These wild accessories are a fun, surprising addition to a classic denim dress. Pair these up to make a serious style statement for a night out or, depending on where you work, a day at the office.
- Maggy London Stretch Denim Shirtdress – this is a great dress for an hourglass shape and is so versatile in denim.
- Skull Filigree Earrings – these lasercut earrings are incredibly lightweight and the stainless steel reflects light, making them great for any hair color.
- The Pochette Clutch – snakeskin comes and goes as a trend, but in my opinion, it’s a classic texture. Third Willow’s clutch is embossed leather.
- Vamp It Up Heel – I really don’t think these shoes need a description. I love them!
Romantic Ruffles Meet a Complimentary Balance
When you make a statement with your outfit, your accessories should compliment, not compete. This ensemble is great for casual Friday or a dinner date.
- Nick & Mo Ruffle Trim Knit Jacket – this is an easy way to instantly dress up jeans and a t-shirt while making a feminine, romantic statement.
- Gemstone & Tribal Charm Necklace – a combination of gemstones like amethyst and an ancient tribal charm on a delicate chain adds historical power to this style story. Shop similar items.
- The Turn Lock Micro Clutch – a simple light colored clutch is a great contrast to the medium-toned jacket, while catching the eye with a metallic sheen.
- City High Heel – caramel is such a wonderful color for summer and it goes with everything. Classic, simple and stylish…with a comfortable stacked heel to boot!
Need help figuring out how to accessorize what’s in your closet? Fabuliss can help!
Visit Fabuliss.com for more information or contact me at email@example.com or 612-554-4629.
Learn more and shop Infrared Studio, designed, crafted and selected by local artist Lauren Nicole Rusnak.
Learn more and shop Third Willow, designed and crafted by local artist William L Weethee III.