Earlier this week, I was between appointments and stopped in to Barnes & Noble. I always browse the Beauty & Fashion section to consider books to add to my library.
I picked up Bradley Bayou’s The Science of Sexy: Dress to Fit Your Unique Figure with the Style System That Works for Every Shape and Size with a whole list of nonsensical expectations. It turns out, I discovered a gold mine!
Here are my top 10 reasons you must read this book:
- It starts out by addressing our essence, which is that we all want to be desirable
- Bayou knows what he’s talking about…he is a couture designer who has dressed all body types, including Oprah, Queen Latifah, Kristin Davis and Paula Abdul
- The book covers all of the things I have had to learn the hard way – trial and error
- There is detailed information for how to dress (and how not to dress) 48 real body shapes
- It’s easy to find your body shape – height, 4 easy measurements and weight
- There is a visual glossary of terms showing and explaining a variety of items like a godet skirt and a gored skirt
- There are tips to camouflage specific anxiety areas
- It outlines 10 “dress sexy” commandments all women should heed
- There is a perfect balance of easy-to-read advice and imagery
- You can reference it with your current body and as your body changes
Buy this book now, or sign up for the Fabuliss eNewsletter on Fabuliss.com for a chance to win a copy of the book. Sign up now! I will draw from everyone who signed up for the eNewsletter in March and will notify the winner via email at the beginning of April.