If you’re feeling like your closet is full but nothing goes together, here are a few ideas for how to make it easier to put things together:
- Organize your closet by shirts, pants, skirts, dresses, etc. If you want to go the extra mile, sort each category (like shirts) by color.
- Weed out what you’re not wearing for storage (if you have another closet) or donation (if it doesn’t fit or if you never wear it).
- Hang as many items on wood hangers as possible, except for items that will definitely stretch like sweaters. Make sure that all wood that will touch your clothes is smooth to reduce snagging.
- Keep your shoes in boxes – especially if they’re not in season – to keep them safe from dog teeth, little feet, vacuums and dust.
- Hang your necklaces up on a jewelry tree or a Simply Sarah Shaw organizer to keep them from tangling, as well as to remind you of what you have.
- Take pictures of yourself in outfits you like or dislike as a reminder for the next time you’re needing inspiration, validation or need a quick fix.
If all else fails, call Fabuliss! I can help you put things together you probably would never have tried or thought of. In an hour or two, you can have a new perspective on mixing and matching and ideas for your next shopping excursion.
Learn more at Fabuliss.com and make sure to sign up for our eNewsletter for all the latest updates and specials.