Last week, I heard someone call in to a radio show from New York Fashion Week, and she suggested fighting the winter blahs with white. She also insisted white can be worn year-round. I completely agree.
Here are some pieces I found to inspire wearing white, paired with bright colors, of course! I do hope that these great pieces, as well as the whites in the latest Anthropologie catalog, mean there’s more white on the way to major retailers.
- Free People Ruffle Trim Sweater Jacket: comfortable and perfect for jeans on casual Friday or with a skirt or trousers for a day in the office. Keep it dressy and feminine with heels and don’t forget a necklace – in gold, red, yellow, pink, blue or green.
- Michael Kors Sequin Cardigan (Plus): I’m not normally a fan of zippers on sweaters but the sequins on this cardigan help minimize the focus. Perfect for jeans, skirts or trousers, this can go from day to night with a pair of heels.
- Ted Baker London ‘Priscil’ Scalloped Dress: *love* the shape and detail of this dress. Pair with a leather, navy, yellow or red jacket for work and a colored wrap for evening. This would be cute with a pair of metallic or colored flats or heels.
- Adrianna Papell Cutaway Chiffon Dress: what a pretty take on the Grecian look! This is definitely a party dress that I picture paired with a strappy sandal and a bright-colored clutch.
- 3.1 Phillip Lim Embroidered Hairpin Lace Skirt: this is a lovely take on tone-on-tone patterns. This would be great paired with any colored cardigan and a belt to contrast the sweater and skirt or it could be paired with a dainty jacket if you want to feel very special at work. A flat or pump would work with this.
- Michael Kors ‘Sausalito’ Bootcut Jeans (Plus): a simple white jean is a great base and can be worn by anyone, as long as it’s not too tight. Pair with prints and bright colors for a dressier take on casual day, for a date (just think twice about ordering tomato-based items), or brunch with friends.
- Leifsdottir ‘Daisy’ Organdy Blouse: this ultra feminine top is a great way to dress up denim or paired with a neutral skirt or pant. I would not recommend it for every shape as it may add too much volume, but I would reconsider if paired with a structured jacket.
- Lane Bryant Icon Collection Draped Woven Top: this asymmetrical take on a simple white blouse is elegant, clean and structured that can be worn with or without a top layer. It can be belted with jeans, trousers or a skirt and easily works for meetings and/or dates.
If you want to wear more white but aren’t sure how to put it together, Fabuliss can help! For more information, visit fabuliss.com.